Amanda Douglas Events is now accepting applications for our event assistant internship!
We’re always excited at the prospect of adding a new intern to our expanding team. Right now, we’re looking for a new team member who loves events and wants to learn more about what goes into making a good event a great one. We’re looking for someone with a bold, vibrant, and outgoing personality, someone with a ton of energy and an aptitude for all things wedding and event related.
This is a non-paid internship running on a part-time, as needed basis for weddings and events. 250 hours are required to complete internship, and are made up of event day hours, meetings, and assignments. There is a possibility for a future paid position for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be assisting with:
- Planning events
- Social media
- Event decorating
- Day-of coordination
- Consultation meetings with clients
- Budget planning
- Theme and colour planning
- Weekend and evening availability is a must, especially in summer
- Own a smartphone/computer
- Have own transportation and valid Manitoba driver’s license
- Have a vibrant, confident, outgoing personality
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve on the spot
- Exceptional spelling and grammar
- Skilled in Power Point, Excel and Word
- Event-related experience is an asset
Please forward your resume and cover letter (detailing why you want this internship and why you’re the right person for it), including your social media profiles/portfolios (whatever you have, don’t be shy!) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to land an interview with Amanda Douglas Events? Check out this post on how to get a job as a wedding planner to set yourself apart.
NOTE: The application window is now open! We’re on the search for the right team member for the 2017/18 seasons!